The benefits of acupuncture are many. It can be used to treat a wide range of illnesses and disorders. The acupuncture needle can remove inflammatory lumps, correct tissue adhesion, reduce muscle spasm and affect the central and autonomic nervous systems.
Acupuncture is a therapy that follows the laws of nature but due to its complex, mysterious nature many people have unrealistic expectations of what a single treatment can do, although great relief can be obtained from one treatment. This is often evident in musculoskeletal disorders. Generally several treatments are required, for example:
- • severe muscle strains take 2 to 4 weeks to heal
- • severe ligament strains can take 6 – 12 weeks to heal
These conditions are usually aggravated because initially the injury was not immobilised, rested and iced, so in order to assist in the repair of the injury, it will often take several treatments to show positive outcomes. Acupuncture can however greatly speed up the body’s natural healing process by reducing congestion at the injury site, improving circulation, relieving pain, reducing spasm and stimulating the nervous system to activate the production of natural healing substances.
New to Acupuncture and worried about needles? watch this short video to allay your fears!
- • Neurological conditions – such as headaches, migraines, difficulty sleeping, nervous tension,
- • Digestive system disorders – such as post-extraction pain gastric hyperacidity, gastritis, heartburn.
- • Gynaecological and obstetric disorders – such as premenstrual tension, painful, heavy or irregular periods and even the absence of periods
- • Sporting injuries – such as sprained ankles and knees, cartilage problems, corking and tearing of muscles, torn ligaments and bruises.
- • Psychological conditions – such as emotional, anxiety, nervousness and addictions such as smoking.
The effectiveness of acupuncture in treating these conditions is verified by The World Health Organization
Many shy away from this treatment because of their fear of needles, but acupuncture is nothing like a vaccination for the flu! The needles are extremely fine and most patients say they do not even feel them.
More information on Acupuncture www.goodeffectiveacuouncture.com.au
|Acupuncture $70||Acupuncture & Massage $90|
Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture(call for suitability & assessment)
Why not ‘fine tune’ your body today?
Give us a call on 02 9337 4533 to book your acupuncture treatment.